Monday, January 14, 2013

El Museo Nacional de Prado

El Museo Nacional de Prado (the Prado Museum) is a very well known art museum, although admittedly I am not but so cultured in art museums, an area which I need to improve for better roundness. It typically will cost money to go into the museum, but if I go with API or my school I can get in for free with them. This is another example of taking full advantage of your program. I went to the museum for the first time (I'm sure I'll return, there is just too much to see) on Saturday the 12th. This was the first day of sun after several day of cold and fog basically making it a perfect day to walking around the area of the museum both before and afterwards.

El Museo Nacional de Prado

Church outside of the Prado

The Prado is home to a lot of works by Goya and they currently have a set of works called "El Joven Van Dyck" which means "The young Van Dyck," in addition to enormous galleries by other artists. I was truly impressed by the works in the museum and particularly loved the pieces pertaining to perception. It blows my mind that someone can paint something that changes depending on the direction you are looking from. I did not take any pictures inside of the museum, although no one explicitly told me not to do so. But here are some pictures of me blissfully enjoying the wonderful day.

Spanish fountain (classic)

                                                                                                     Beautiful old cathedral
Maybe I'll stay at the Ritz one day

                  I believe this to be the equivalent to the Wall Street stock market exchange

                                                               Gorgeous day

      Always ready to party in Madrid

This is a painting on a building! Not several buildings.

All in all, regardless of if the day is sunny or foggy, the city itself is absolutely gorgeous. But on those few winter days when you forget that it is winter, its amazing to get out and see the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment